WORKING HOLIDAY VISA
The Working Holiday Visa (WHV) is a type of temporary visa that allows citizens from certain countries to work and travel in Argentina for a specified period of time.
- Be a citizen of one of the countries that Argentina has a WHV agreement with (currently, Australia, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Norway, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, and Sweden).
- Be between 18 and 30 years old at the time of application.
- Have a valid and in good condition passport.
- Show sufficient funds to support oneself during the first months in Argentina.
- Have no criminal record.
The allowed stay period in Argentina depends on the country of origin. Generally, it ranges between 6 and 12 months.
Holders of a WHV can work legally in Argentina, although in some cases, there may be restrictions on the amount of time they can work for the same company or in the same sector.
- Verify eligibility of country of origin and fulfill requirements.
- Complete the application form online through the website of the Argentine embassy or consulate in the country of origin.
- Pay the corresponding application fee.
- Submit required documentation, including passport and sufficient funds.
- Undergo a consular interview (in some cases).
- Wait for response of the application.